Thursday, June 07, 2007

"Image-building is any way we intentionally make ourselves seem different - and usually more - than we really are...the attempt to make impressions that are bigger than we are...We don't want to confuse image-building with an honest attempt to look or do our best, but...a fine line separates the two. Sometimes only the height of sensitivity to the Holy Spirit can signal when we've crossed the line." Beth Moore - Daniel Bible Study

Home is such a comfortable and refreshing place, and yet I find that I am more self-concious here than anyplace else. The familiar faces that helped raise me have turned into my peers and the desire to impress can be maddening. I am who I am, who I've turned out to be, for better and worse, and my journey is not over yet. Accept it, AJ, and be an open book about the grace He's shown you and the love you've received...the rest of the story is rather inconsequential.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks for that small glimpse of a page from your open-book life.
Yours is a beautiful book AJ!
Remember it was our Lord who reminded us that the only place a Spirit-filled vessel is devoid of honor is their hometown...
With that being said though it is often the familiar faces and nostalgic places of our homes that are most in need of a gracious word from the pages of our life's book God has been writing over the years.