Saturday, January 21, 2006

I'm gonna be brunette!

When I was auditioning for the role of Maria in PBA's upcoming production of West Side Story, I got nothing but encouragement about how fun it would be to dye my hair for the role and be brunette for a little while. Once I was actually cast, however, the whole world seemed to gasp and I have heard horror story after horror story of how my hair will turn purple or green or the dye will never come out because I'm so blond and several of my closer guy friends have threatened the loss of our friendship if I do this. But I am committed and thankfully the school has assured me that they will spend the money once the show is over to return my hair to its previous condition. (Thank God for that 'cause the bill will most definitely be expensive!) I still think it will be a very shocking and fun experience to be brunette for a couple weeks...so, sorry guys our friendship is up. Since we started rehearsals this week I have realized that along with the daily questions about my hair, I'm going to have to get used to the constant badgering of my friends over whether we've rehearsed the kissing scenes yet. Oh dear Lord, high school all over again!

No comments: