Sunday, January 15, 2006

warning: this blog will make you jealous

I live in one of THE most beautiful places in the world! I just got back from a glorious bike ride down the Lake Trail on the island...sun shining with a crisp breeze, beautiful mansions on the water...the kind of thing I'll be doing in Heaven one day.

Only one week since I've been back and yet it seems like much longer. It has been one fun experience after another, with a little class in between. Yesterday we slept in and then the roomies went to Dontee's for breakfast where we soaked up a long overdue 2 hours together. Then a group of us went up to Stuart to help David and Alan work on their boat. They recently were given a sunken boat provided they could raise it from its place of capsizement and restore it. So they worked all of break and the result is this amazing boat that they plan to sail around the Caribbean this summer! They have put so much money into making it nice...new mahogany and oak all in the cabin, a tight GPS system...it really is beautiful and takes its maiden voyage (at least with its new owners) tomorrow! I helped them clean the cabin some more and wax a part of it. After we got back, some of my very best girlfriends and I went for a sunset bike ride on the island, which I've already expressed in this blog how glorious an activity this is for me. Then we made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and watched an old classic: The Babysitter's Club. What a ridiculous day?! I will generally refrain in my blog from merely telling a day's events, but how can I help it when I've experienced such a day as I've recounted? The truth is: I get these kinds of days a lot...who am I?

No comments: