Sunday, January 01, 2006

note to guys: ask that pretty girl to dance

For New Year's Eve I attended the wedding of my sister's childhood best friend, Catherine Reddick. Huge southern wedding with three Pastors Officiating, 13 bridesmaids, and at least that number of honorary attendants as well. A little too large for my taste, but it did make for a fun reception with so many people to mingle with.

Best part of the evening for me was dancing with my Daddy! He is so great and I can always count on him to make me look good on the dance floor at a wedding or anywhere there's dancing. We walked off to the claps of some onlookers...made my night. Now I LOVE to dance so I was definitely out there with everyone on some of the fun-to-dance-with-a-crowd numbers, but oh how I longed the rest of the night for some guy to twirl me around. He wouldn't have had to say his name or look at me the rest of the evening. There is just something so special about being asked to dance. That someone notices you and sees such a fun spirit that he is compelled to show you a good time dancing...it doesn't get any better for a woman. I am independent and happy, but on nights like last night I do look forward to a day when I'll have a permanent dance partner and he will delight in dancing with me like my Dad does. Even for girls who don't love to dance as much as I, most women long to be twirled, so guys, get a couple lessons and get out there on the dance floor!